Mental Health Support
0411 241 005
Julie Jensen is a registered clinical counsellor with a degree in psychology and post graduate qualifications in counselling and psychotherapy. She helps people experiencing loss and grief associated with dying, death and bereavement and non-death losses. She understands the complexity of these changes and the impact on physical and mental health, family and work roles, relationships and living environment.
Feelings such as loneliness, disappointment, shame, hurt, guilt can be isolating and overwhelming. Julie’s mantra is “honour your loss, rebuild your life, find your place” and has a gentle, compassionate and non-judgemental therapeutic approach.
Her consultations are through home-visits, counselling rooms, walk and talk in nature, online and phone. With consent, Julie can also work collaboratively with the client and their professional organiser.
Julie is not NDIS registered however, she can assist clients who are NDIS plan-managed or self-managed. People holding private health insurance extras with BUPA and Medibank Private may be eligible to claim counselling. She cannot assist with Medicare rebates under the Better Access Initiative (mental health care plans).
- Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling
- Graduate Certificate of Bereavement Counselling and Intervention
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)
- Advanced Diploma of Group Facilitation
- Certificate IV Mental Health
- Certificate IV Alcohol and other Drugs
- Advanced Certificate of Trauma Counselling
- Certified Bereavement Practitioner (CBP) (Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement)
- Certified in Thanatology: Death, Dying and Bereavement (CT) (Association for Death Education and Counselling)
- Certified Creative Grief Support Practitioner (The Creative Grief Studio)
- Certified Grief Recovery Specialist® (Grief Recovery Method Australia)
- Level II Chronic Disorganization Specialist®, Level II ADHD Specialist, Level II Aging Specialist, Level II Hoarding Specialist – Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
- Mental Health Professionals Network
- Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Loss and Grief Practitioner Association
- Association for Independent Funeral Professionals
- Australian Association for Bush Adventure Therapy Inc