We were really pleased to be invited to speak with Amy Revell and Kirsty Farrugia on an episode of The Art of Decluttering podcast. Of course the topic was Hoarding Disorder. The hosts were curious and respectful, and we always appreciate that. Would you believe we actually had a lot of fun talking about this serious subject?
We covered a whole range of subjects, including
- the language around Hoarding Disorder
- who diagnoses Hoarding Disorder
- some strategies that work and others that don’t
- what a hoarded home actually looks like
- how to spot an opportunity to make a positive change
- and how to tell if your loved one is hoarding.
You may be surprised by some of the answers we gave. Hope you enjoy listening. Let us know if you learned something new. And please do share it with anyone who might be interested. You know we are on a mission to empower people to work effectively with confidence and compassion to resolve a hoarding situation.
You can find more free resources about Hoarding on our Resources page.
And of course, during the podcast we mentioned the training we offer for anyone who wants to help someone with Hoarding Disorder. There’s a course for family and friends, one for service providers and one for support professionals.